Building on 21 Years
The Tasmanian Heritage Council's 2017-2018 Annual Report marks a year of activity which builds upon the 21 years of identifying and protecting Tasmania's historic cultural heritage places.
provides information on changes to the Tasmanian Heritage Register, work to support the
protection and ongoing use of heritage-listed places, and activity against the Heritage Council’s
Key achievements during the year included:
- the launch of the Heritage Places Renewal Loan Scheme;
- the launch of The Voice: Reimagine Tasmanian Heritage;
- approving 99 per cent of all development and certificate of exemption applications, contributing towards $214M of development in the State;
- clarifying and correcting the location and boundary details of 345 entries in the Tasmanian Heritage Register; and
- improving the history and significance statements for 32 Heritage Register entries.
It also provided an opportunity to once again express appreciation to those who have contributed to the many achievements of the Heritage Council over the past 21 years.